Request for New/Replacement “White Cards”

A frequent question I receive is How do I request a new or replacement Medical Benefits ID, insurance card, or the “White Card”?

First, to receive a card, you must file a claim through the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) and be approved under the guidelines. Merely participating in a Worker Screening Program exam does not mean you are approved under EEOICPA.

Second, all insurance cards are issued by Acentra Health (formerly CNSI), a third-party service provider for the EEOICPA program (and all DOL Office of Worker Compensation Programs).

Claimants should call 1-866-272-2682, press “1” for claimants and wait for a Customer Service Representative to pick up. The Customer Service Representative will confirm the claimants mailing address and mail a new card which should arrive in 7-10 days. The Customer Service Representative will also be able to see when and where the last card was mailed.

Last, neither the Resource Center(s) nor your EEOICPA Claims Examiner can issue cards. If an individual claimant needs assistance navigating the Acentra Health Customer Service Line, they can call a Resource Center and the Resource Center will do a conference call with Acentra Health to request a replacement card.

Resource Center | U.S. Department of Labor ( (Resource Center Link)

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email